Monday, July 6, 2009

And this is why my dad call him "The Legend"



I was never really close to my lolo. I grew up not seeing him often. Though, there is this touch lingering in my heart whenever I see him, of course he is the father of my dad, but there is this feeling that I love him so much. Maybe because he is malambing and very fatherly.


He's a big man, with a big deep voice. He stands with conviction but talks very sweetly. He's very charming and funny at times. I don't have a handful of memories with my lolo but, with each memory I build with him, it's unforgettable.

When the news broke that he had colon cancer, it disheartens me. I haven't seen lolo for some years, then this happened.

The photo above was the last time I saw lolo. He was happy playing with my niece, Princess. I can recall how he kept on repeating how we were alike when I was small. Sweet, he still remembers those times when I was small and makulit. Also, he always tells me to take care of myself, and my heart. I know he loves us, so much.

My lolo may not spend much time with us, but I am proud of him. Not only because he a great golfer (he had won several competitions during his time before) but also, he is a sweet grandfather to all of us.

I never thought that will be the last time I will see my lolo talking to me. I felt that I was only starting to regain my relationship as a grand daughter to him. I miss him. I miss having a lolo. Time is really a trator. Time only gave me a glimpse of what might have been.

Though I know right now, he is happy and at peace with our Creator, I still feel that we could have spend so much time together. I could have been a daughter to him as well. Unfortunately, time is cruel. I can only see him after my time here on earth. Like what I told him during my lolo's wake, it's never goodbye, it's just see you soon.

To my lolo, we love you so much and we will miss you.

0 comments:

 
Header image by sabrinaeras @ Flickr