Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Are these driving you nuts?

Photobucket



Lately, I’ve been having a hard time concentrating on my studies. I thought I’m just some other lazy lady who prefers to sit down and relax. But what’s funny is, I’m not studying that much yet I’m always sleep deprived. Weird isn’t?

Who doesn’t know the existence of Friendster (oh well, some tag is as for “jologs” only), Multiply, Plurk, Twitter, Myspace, Zorpia and the infamous Facebook. Damn, this social networking drives me nuts. No matter how much I would want to avoid it, its mere existence lingers staright to my mind. Who ever invented these stuff, God bless you. (laugh laugh laugh)

I really don’t know who actually influences me to engage myself in this social networking. All I can remember is, it started in 2004 when I register myself in Friendster (well, that time Friendster is the IN-thing). My only purpose of doing this is to keep in touch with my high school friends. And I believe I was successful in doing so because as of now, I have 700 (and more) friends in my account.

Fast Forward.

Right now, I still have my friendster account, 2 multiply site (one personal and the other for my photo gallery shared to photo hobbyist like me), a blogger site (like this one) and a Facebook account that I am so currently addicted. I don’t know how I actually keep each sites updates all at the same time. Maybe this is one of the reasons why these networking sites drives me insane. How come I let myself so into these sites wherein fact I only need one, don’t you think? I know each caters to different functions but as it evollves through time, each becomes identical to the other.

So how can I help myself from divulging from these silly stuff? To be honest, I really don’t know. Just like me, these has become a routine to those who are addicted to internet stuffs.

I guess, it’s just mere time management. Yes I know, I’m guilty of not having a proper one, but I think it’s the answer. It’s like eating for me, it has become an appetizer to know silly stuffs from your friends from time to time. Uploading recent pictures, answering surveys, posting blogs and almost anything they would want the public to know. So tell me how to stop, before these actually consumes every time that I have.

I am not saying that these social networking are bad or wrong. Actually, it helps people to interact, to show who really they are without pretentions. But the downside, it kills your precious time when you are supposed to do something else and the term they call, cyber stalking. Cyber stalking, well, I’m not going to expound it but it has been an issue for a long time and I guess I’ve been a long victim of it, just like anybody else who are active in these sites.

Suspect, Facebook and I’m its current victim. How can I save myself from being abduct by this site? Let me see, let me ask help from my Facebook buddies.Ciao!

0 comments:

 
Header image by sabrinaeras @ Flickr