Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Signing Off

Photobucket
This is the place.
San Juan, La Union


“Here comes the bride, putting all the gimiks aside...”

This is what I sing in my head when a friend of mine walks down the aisle. It’s been years since I’ve been friends with these people. And I wonder, what gets into their heads to settle down so early. I almost forgot, we are all turning 25 years old this year, well, I am already 25, the age where we think is ideal to tie the knot.

I have to come clean, yes, I do have wedding stuff going on in my quirky head. Who wouldn’t want to wear that white virginal gown and be the prettiest woman in the eyes of that certain guy who makes your world upside down? It’s so dreamy. It’s so worth your 3 hours daydreaming. But do fairytale weddings do come true?

A lot of my friends lately have been asking me when I would go next. Most of my high school friends already did. I told myself, “so what? I’m still having a blast being who I am today.” But on the second thought, I would love to. I would love to experience that same nirvana they have been. I am on the right age, I guess. And I have a man who compliments my everything.

Pressured. Well, yes. I have to admit that. My mom has two kids when she was my age today. And look at me, I’m having a blast here as a college student.

Sometimes, I can’t help imagining what my wedding would be like. I wanted it to be the most memorable time of my life, not only for me but also for the people who will witness it. I want it also to be somehow a wedding that reflects my personality and my groom’s.

So what pops into my mind is a beach wedding. Who wouldn’t find a beach setting romantic? I am not really excited but I already research how much a beach wedding would punch holes to our pockets (ok, I am in denial, I am too excited for it). But what the heck, daydreaming about it is still priceless.

I don’t know if I should still break down all the ideas I have in mind. But I would keep it a secret for now. I would want my wedding to be very unique (thanks to Juday-Ryan wedding, they stole my ideas..hahaha). I would want everyone who will be attending to be in awe and will take them years to get over my wedding (ok I am exaggerating here, but why not?). And I want the whole world to know that this special day, someday, is the start of the happiest days of our lives. Sounds more ideal than real? (wait, are you my mom speaking? Kidding). I know, but knowing what inside my heart is not. So nothing’s impossible for me.

So right now, you are cordially invited to the wedding of the century. When? Well, we have to wait for that. I know it is worth waiting for. But hey, should I be the one waiting for that?

I am 25 years old. My heart and mind tells me, “When you are ready, then we’ll take you to the flight of eternity.” But when will that be? When will I tell the whole world, "This is Single Trisha, now signing off."?



0 comments:

 
Header image by sabrinaeras @ Flickr