Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I love the rainbow after the storm

Photobucket


“After the storm, there comes the rainbow. “

These past weeks, I had a battle that caught me off guarded. I never thought that the person I trusted all my life would actually treat me someone like, a stranger.

I love my friends so much. I can say I would do everything for them not to experience the same shit I had experience from the past. Yes. I am very protective. This is only because they are more like a family to me already.

I know. I know. I am known to be the “machine gun mouth” in our circle of friends, which is only when I am trying to point out something. But, my machine gun like mouth has a purpose and that is again to protect them.


When can you tell if you are too much of giving that protection? Well, just like what happen to me, I almost lost the best friend I have known all my life.


One day, we were asked to head towards the faculty area. The rest of the girls in the class and I were escorted to have a meeting regarding our behaviour in class (yes, I guess I was troublesome back in Grade school). “They were the first one to offend me.” Yes. My first encounter with my best friend was a fight, between me and her friends. I can’t remember what the reason behind the fight is. But what’s important is what happened after that. The rest of girls became my friends (some until now) and Haydee became my best friend.


We share a lot back in high school. Not only answers to assignments and tests but also our hullabaloos regarding our life back then. I remember how she was against me having a boyfriend back in high school since I’m still young. I remember the letters we used to send each other (even if we see each other every day). And the heart breaks we had, the pain we learned to overcome and the silly “I can’t make it” stuff. I’m just so blessed having her. She’s not only my shock absorber but my number one critic as well. We blend so much with the rest of our barkadahan. Adding Sarah to our craziness, it’s one hell of fun.


College is just the same. We still find time to be together. Shop together. Dine together. And again, our non stop chattering regarding everything and anything under the sun. O God I miss that.

Time is, yes, inevitable. We meet other people. We prioritize things differently. Yet, friendship is still there, even if we haven’t speak for a while. It is amazing how even if we don’t speak much, they still know what to say, know what you exactly feel. This is what I love about my friends; they know me from the core, no pretentions.

Exposing ourselves to different perspective about life, different opinions and views, we started arguing about things, which in the past, we really don’t. And the worst of the worst, we fought about some silly guy-love-him stuff.


I never saw this. I never thought we would actually fight because of a guy. (Ok, it’s not what you think. We are not fighting because we fell for the same guy, that’s silly) I would not expound this part but what happen here is pure misunderstanding.


We grew apart because of this. And I never like this part. So I’ll fast forward.


After all the you-pointing-at-me-me-pointing-at-you scenario, we are back on track again. Why would we let this fall us apart when the foundation we had made is buried down the core? We are more like sisters (together with Sarah, Armee, Aby). I know we know that even if we fail, commit those silly mistakes all over again, we still have each other’s back. And I love them not only because of this but because no matter how stupid I look or act, they will still love silly Pat (my high school nickname).


To my friends all these years, thank you for making my life the best journey ever. You kept me on pedestal and for that I have my entire life to thank you. I’m sorry for all my shortcomings. You know how sometimes I can be so silly. And thank you for understanding that.


To my best friend, for almost 15 years, you know how much I love you. I am sorry for being too protective of you. I feel like an older sister seeing her younger sister grow up so fast (wait, you are 10 days older than me). I know we all make mistakes. And no matter how many times you fall, no matter how many times you make a silly out of yourself, you still have me. Hear me when I say, you will always have my back... and kill those guys who hurt you...hahaha..I’m just kidding.


For those who might be reading this, I tell you, keep the people who tell you your mistakes in front of your face; they are who defines as a true friend.

0 comments:

 
Header image by sabrinaeras @ Flickr