A(h1n1) has been the talk of the town for quite sometime right now. And the moment it stepped on the very soil of our country, the authorities said, it is under control. Thermal scanners all over the airport, medical professionals were all over the place as well to insure the safety of everyone. But here we are, with shields and swords to fight this virus. Is our preparation really enough? Are we really taken care of by this institution who said they will?
************************************************************************************
My friends and relatives often tell me that I’m very fortunate to be with one of the best schools here in our country. This acknowlegement sometimes gives pride to me and feel like I’m one of those few who are lucky to be in Miriam College. With the best professors in town, clean environment and friendly atmosphere, how in the world would you get lost in this place? It has been my second home now, for 3 years starting today.
Okay, I have to come clean that my summer’s not yet over. I still feel going to the beach and have some tan. But on a second thought, school has always been something exciting to me. Not only that I will learn new matter, I’ll also be with my friends again, which is one of the reason why I love Miriam College so much.
Yesterday, I never felt walking around the campus very anxious. It felt like I have to watch my back all the time for an opponent we don't know where it is coming. I still don't understand why Miriam College risked the safety of their students. I thought their preparations where enough to make us feel secure inside the campus but I was in shocked. What would a tarpaulin and some leaflets do to save us from this virus? I was really disappointed. I had to asked the lady guard if those were the only “precautions” they can provide us. I know I sounded discourteous but I can’t help it.
I expected that this day would be something memorable. Above all, this is the very first day of us being Juniors. Yet, the scare deprive us of enjoying this day. This scare provided nothing but anxious faces and doubts around the area. What more for the 1st year students? This is their first day of college, how do they feel?
So I’m ending this entry with a question on my mind, what went to their minds to risk our safety? I never thought this institution I thought who would protect us from anything that will harm us would actually open us to a risk, a very unecessary risk that will jeopardize not only the students but also the reputation of this institution. It’s just a matter of days, why Miriam College deprived this from us?
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment