Thursday, June 18, 2009

In my view

At a very young age, I was forced to work to maintain our lifestyle. This saddens me for the fact that I have to drop all my subjects in UST to support my family. I believe I am living my life retrospectively. Working at a young age and then you see me, as a student of Miriam College which I should have done, many years back. I have no regrets. I can really say this because the life I am experiencing right now would have not happen if I didn’t experience the life we had before. I can even say I am thankful for the struggles and pain because it helped me become the person I am today.
I consider myself to be a very diverse person. I love trying out something new every time I have the opportunity. I love adrenaline rush and the butterfly in the stomach feeling every time I try something new. This is why it is very hard for me to stick with one hobby because I always have this hunger of looking for more.
I love the notion of living your life in the beach. I never expected that I will long for the desire to live near it. I love the relax atmosphere. I love the local people living around it. I just love the feeling of being surrounded by the most beautiful creation of God. And I love watching sunsets. I want to see myself growing old hearing the waves and the breeze of the ocean.
Because of this craving, I have been going to the beach, particularly San Juan, La Union long beach line. My boyfriend brought me for the very time (yes of my entire life) to the beach. This brought a huge impact to my ways and thinking as a person. I thought to myself, ‘how can I be so blind to the real concept of peace and beauty?’. This experience brought so many changes, in the way I see people, things and events in my life. I want to be in tune with Nature because this brings me the tranquillity I have been looking for. However, my being an “adrenaline-sucker” person, I’ve been trying to surf the waves of San Juan, La Union. I know to myself it will take time, for the fact that I am very clumsy and that I don’t know how to swim. I know I will learn soon. Just seeing my boyfriend doing his stuff in the waves makes me crave for me to learn as soon as possible (he’s been a surfer for 9 years.).
When I’m not wandering the beach of San Juan, you can find me in my room “playing” my gadgets. My laptop has been my best friend for almost a year now. When I have no one to talk to, I just switch it on and be online and there, I can find my friends who are as net freak as I am. Social networking has really been a part of my daily routine. I just can’t explain why I’m so hooked with this stuff. But one thing is for sure, I am very fond of it. Good thing my dad bought me a wifi device so my brother and I won’t fight for the internet connection. The only thing is that, my mom always scolds us because our electricity bill is sky high.
With my room fully renovated as of today, this really helped me relax more. I am a very reserved person. Contemplating with my thoughts has always been a part of my daily routine. That’s why I am fond of blogging as well. It helps me releases the negativities in me. It also helps me express my deepest thought better. But what makes this even better is that, I can do this alone in my room. Solidarity is very important to me. It is more like a sacred moment for me. And with that, I love working alone, doing things on my own, alone.
This is why it’s hard for me to trust anyone. I have to make sure that people has to work hard for me before I gave them my trust and this goes the same with the products that I use. I am a minimalist when it comes to accessorizing myself. I rarely wear makeup. I don’t even know how to use one. I believe in a different notion or perspective of beauty and this won’t include having this “mess” on one’s face. My beauty products are simple as well. I’ve been using them for some years already and I can say I am still happy with them. I just use the basic. Nothing really fancy. I often use bay products for my skin is very sensitive. And this results also me buying expensive products to refrain getting rashes all over my skin. It’s hard to maintain my skin, especially my face. This has become one of my insecurities, but I am trying to love my own.
With my busy schedule in school, I am having a hard time engaging myself to play sports, though surfing has been a part of my craving lately. But I do have a couple of sports that I used to play before. I used to be a varsity player for volleyball back in high school. I can play baseball as well. It was a surprised that I can play Badminton too (I used to play lawn tennis, used to having strong pulse), after our team won the championship last year for an intersection competition here in Miriam.
Today, what keeps me busy is school works. I’ve been a dedicated student since I stepped here in Miriam College. I am already sleep deprived because of my “no mistake, no failure” works. But this satisfies me. I love getting good grades, for my family and for myself. Well, I do still have a life after school, if you don’t find me looking for a vintage piece in a “tiangge” and some stuffs that’s very affordable, you can find me with my buddies in BULLET, a Bulacan photoclub also known as Bulacan Letratista. Photography has been a passion for me lately. I don’t have the right gadget but to them, I am already taking good pictures. These feedback gives me the high. It gives me so much energy to enhance what I already have. Just like blogging, this passion provided me with the freedom of expressing what I have inside and how I appreciate even the little things around me.
I am already in the quarter of my life now. I feel like I have so many things to accomplish still. But to tell you honestly, I don’t still have a concrete plan after graduation. I feel like I need to settle down by then (I am already 27 years old by that time). I feel like a have to compete with the young people who graduated the same year that I am. But what is concrete now is what I want to be in the future. I want to work as a correspondent travelling across the globe. I want to take photographs of the best places in the world. And most of all, I want to be a mother of two beautiful kids, married to the man of my dreams.
I really want my future to be something that I deserve. I want to have a simple life, a life where we can support the needs of my future family and a life with a little extra so that I can help others.

0 comments:

 
Header image by sabrinaeras @ Flickr