I have been having a hard time when people ask me what Morality is to me. With all the turmoil going on in our society today, what is considered to be moral? What is considered to be immoral? Don’t you think it is about time for us to redefine this, as time evolved our way of thinking?
Morality as define is the right conduct, conformity to law and of conforming to the ideals or principles of human conduct. So from what I have understood, it is merely an idea made also by human. But what drives people to create such a notion of morality? And if that’s so, is there such a thing as Universal Morality?
Ms. Nera, our Theology Professor exlpains to us how can we obtain being moral in the eyes of God, or should I say, in the eyes of those who runs the church? She is saying that our morality depends on what the church is teaching. And how to live life morally, you have to follow Jesus, as a perfect example of living one’s life morally.
Maybe, you will agree and won’t be confused with what I’m trying to convey in this paper. However, I have a few questions to raise regarding this issue.
I was once listening to another Theoloogy professor back then. She was actually a good one. She was able to explain to us the role of the church to the society, and from that I didn’t question it. However, one day, in one of her lessons, she was able to discuss the Bible, and how it was made. I clearly remember she said that Bible is a collection of books made by men, interpreted by men. And that Bible should not be taken literally. Then how come you will tell us that morality is actually an “idea” that comes from the Divine One? How come the church created this notion of morality without bending its possibility to apply to the moderns days we are experiencing right now?
As a I was observing and contemplating on the idea of this so called morality, how come the church had created something like “Morality in Christian”? Does this mean that we have different morality than the others? How about for non believers? This is very confusing. How can we be able to understand morality in our end if this actually shows how close minded the Roman Catholics are. Very confusing.
It made realized then, now I know why people in our society today don’t know how to reconciliate again with other people of different faith and belief, for we are able to create this notion of different idea of morality. Then what’s moral now? What’s right and what’s wrong? Or should I say, which is right or wrong?
Maybe you are actually wondering where did I get these ideas that’s currently hovering my head. I used to be morality right if we are talking about being a Catholic. I used to follow them. However, in one period of my time, I was questioning the existence of my religion. Let me come clean with this, I believe in God, but I just don’t believe in the ways of the church. Will I be considered immoral? How can you blame me? After researching and soul searching, how can you force me to believe after reading the entire history of the church I used to belong with? How can they do that? How can they torture and even kill all those innocent souls just to reign in the world? I know. You will tell me, it’s all been done, it’s all been buried and forgiven. However, don’t you think this is actually a perfect example of being immoral? Come to think of it, the church did even teach us not to commit anything wrong just to reign? How about the idea of murder? Of injustice? How can the church claim that what they teach is moral for in the first place what they did to get us is pure depraved.
I know. My point of view is clearly, absurd. But how can you blame me. After knowing the things I think I’m not supposed to know, what do you think should I react? Good thing my friends was able to accept that. They fully accept how crazy I can be sometimes. And how bizarre my ideas can be. Though to be honest, I only have a few good, real friends in my life. And I value them so much. My friends, in my opinion are like the pieces of me. For you to be able to undertsnad who I am and how I am to others, try to know my friends. They are a part of me. And my family as well. They are whom I value the most.
I know. I am beginning to sound a little strange. But I am standing firmly in my position in life. I value my dignity. I value my being true to myself. And most of all, I value what I believe in and what faith is doing in me. People may not understand why I sound like a non-believer, but I do. I believe in God. And I will believe only to Him.
Rewind.
Morality, as define in what I belive, is the universal right conduct. And what is universal? I don’t know. I am still searching for it hoping without the shadow of how hyprocrite the church can be.
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment